Kanojo, Okarishimasu (First Impression)
- Studios: TMS Entertainment
- Source: Manga
- Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen
- Synopsis: “Dumped by his girlfriend, emotionally shattered college student Kazuya Kinoshita attempts to appease the void in his heart through a rental girlfriend from a mobile app. At first, Chizuru Mizuhara seems to be the perfect girl with everything he could possibly ask for: great looks and a cute, caring personality. Upon seeing mixed opinions on her profile after their first date, and still tormented by his previous relationship, Kazuya believes that Chizuru is just playing around with the hearts of men and leaves her a negative rating. Angry at her client’s disrespect towards her, Chizuru reveals her true nature: sassy and temperamental, the complete opposite of Kazuya’s first impression. At that very moment, Kazuya receives news of his grandmother’s collapse and is forced to bring Chizuru along with him to the hospital. Although it turns out to be nothing serious, his grandmother is ecstatic that Kazuya has finally found a serious girlfriend, which had always been her wish. Unable to tell her the truth, Kazuya and Chizuru are forced into a fake relationship—acting as if they are truly lovers.”
Just seeing the PV alone, I knew that Kanojo, Okarishimasu will be my favorite show of the season and now I can finally see it! Let’s get into it!
Well…that’s one way to start a show! The abrupt timing of the breakup so early in the show sets the tone for Kazuya’s character and the awkwardness, with a tad bit of lightheartedness, that is to come from the rest of the episode.
SHE’S HERE!!! I’m really interested in Chizuru’s character and how exactly her and Kazuya get roped into faking their relationship!
The ambiance and aesthetic of the show is very well done, I love everything from the colors to the cinematics. It really brings those fluffy feeling that comes with dating for the first time, as long as you ignore the fact that Kazuya just dropped $400 for a couple hours of bliss LOL.
Is it bad that I laughed out loud at this scene? As a college graduate, I totally understand the financial struggle and couldn’t help but find enjoyment in someone actually spending money this way while in school LOL!
YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN KAZUYA. And to avoid spoilers of the fun parts of the show, I’ll go ahead and end my screenshots here. Though I’m so curious about how the other girls come into play! So far it looks like Kazuya will more or less stray away from the being the edgy main character and I’m hoping that it stays that way! Wouldn’t want another Natsuki Subaru (Re:Zero) on our hands…
If you loved stories like Nisekoi, Gotoubun no Hanayome, or OreSuki then you’ll also like this one! From a glance through the first episode, Kazuya does seem very edgy but I hope that he improves throughout the show! Also a quick reminder on this wonderful voice cast for the show:
Amamiya Sora (voice of Ichinose Chizuru)
- Aqua (Konosuba)
- Miia (Monster Musume)
- Elizabeth Liones (Nanatsu no Taizai)
- Kirishima Touka (Tokyo Ghoul)
Yuuki Aoi (voice of Nanami Mami)
- Hanabatake Yoshiko (Aho Girl)
- Hinazuki Kayo (Boku dake Machi ga Inai)
- Asui Tsuyu (Boku no Hero Academia)
- Kotatsu Tamaki (Enen no Shouboutai)
Touyama Nao (voice of Sarashina Ruka)
- Kirisaki Chitoge (Nisekoi)
- Aoki Clair (Gleipnir)
- Shima Rin (Yuru Camp)
- Kujou Karen (Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic)
Takahashi Rie (voice of Sakurasawa Sumi)
- Megumin (Konosuba)
- Emilia (Re:Zero)
- Naoki Miki (Gakkou Gurashi)
- Kyrielight Mash (Fate/Grand Order)
If you enjoyed this post, please consider buying me a
Or if you want to be on my Patrons page, you can become one on my